Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The bad news:
It's 11:05 p.m., and I just got home from work. Just for context, I *arrived* at work at 8:30 a.m. this morning.
People, that is a long damn time to wear pantyhose and a bra.
The good news:
I made it up the hill without stopping AND without gasping for breath like a dying donkey at the top. Possibly because I was walking so slowly in my near-comatose state...
Also, I am now enjoying a tasty beverage.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...beer...
Also, today the Chief Justice of the province chatted with me! Well, she chatted, I tried not to look like an idiot. I think I pulled it off.
This weekend I got invited to go for a hike in Killarney for the second time, on Saturday afternoon. To be clear, it's the second time I've been invited (by the same judge), not the second time I've gone. I had to cancel the first time. Now, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel this time as well, because I have to get a massage this weekend (no, really, I can barely move my right shoulder) and Saturday afternoon was the only time available. This judge is going to hate me! (Although she did invite me to her house for Thanksgiving, even *after* I mentioned I was a vegetarian...)
It's 11:05 p.m., and I just got home from work. Just for context, I *arrived* at work at 8:30 a.m. this morning.
People, that is a long damn time to wear pantyhose and a bra.
The good news:
I made it up the hill without stopping AND without gasping for breath like a dying donkey at the top. Possibly because I was walking so slowly in my near-comatose state...
Also, I am now enjoying a tasty beverage.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...beer...
Also, today the Chief Justice of the province chatted with me! Well, she chatted, I tried not to look like an idiot. I think I pulled it off.
This weekend I got invited to go for a hike in Killarney for the second time, on Saturday afternoon. To be clear, it's the second time I've been invited (by the same judge), not the second time I've gone. I had to cancel the first time. Now, it looks like I'm going to have to cancel this time as well, because I have to get a massage this weekend (no, really, I can barely move my right shoulder) and Saturday afternoon was the only time available. This judge is going to hate me! (Although she did invite me to her house for Thanksgiving, even *after* I mentioned I was a vegetarian...)